Sunday, April 24, 2011

South Facade Elevation















I've been playing around with different materials and how to represent the solid center core which supports the trusses on both sides. I was doing some research and I came across a projec that I found quite interesting. It's called Blaas by monovolume architecture and design. I want my building to be concrete and have curtain glass walls. This project is a good example of how both materials were combined to create a great facade. In some ways, it could be similar to my project in that the concrete/glass was used for structural purposes as well as for aesthetics. The poolside is a combination of concrete panels and glass with concrete horizontal louviers to reduce sun. In addition, I reorganized the columns so they are not angled (which drew attention to and would need much further investigation and research to see if it was really necessary.) The other side I played around with the amount of louviers used the spacing on them. I wanted to have maximized views to the outside but at the same time reduce sunlight and create some privacy on the fourth floor where the community area would be, so I reduced the spacing on the louviers to create that privacy but still have semi open for views. I would like ur opinion of this facade. The only concern I now have is if it's too much glass and would be at risk of major heat loss.














2 comments:

  1. see the write up - from the general/eric posts.
    you forgot the diagram of your project. I say this because the elevation shows a center "shaft", when the connect is a whole volumn as shown in the sections you have been pinning up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Correction- when the concept is a whole

    ReplyDelete