Sunday, April 24, 2011

general / Eric

All
Eric sent me his boards and the following is my responce to those boards.
At the same time, it includes my general reaction to all of your projects meaning:
At the end of Friday's class we said we would go back to the "idea/ concept"
-the diagram: a layering of :
A. space- volumetrics B. movement- organization of program,
C. event- the resultant of the space and the movement which  includes the way the structure and skin are made; I want to see these 3 axon diagrams Tuesday along with your development of the skin and structure in the section.
Also,  A. space diagram has two parts: whole and the base, here I am asking to make the base with walls for a idea of a community plaza; the walls are also assisting in the site issues of sound and traffic.

Development of a project sometimes moves program around to ask what is the best way to make the space, movement, event clear to the site.

2 comments:

  1. 2 Things.

    1. The whole and base idea I am going to just say flat out I am confused about. The idea of space to me is more about how zones interact with one another so to put it into 2 subjects such as "Whole and Base", I find confusing.

    2. Thank you Eric and professor for the diagrams above... specifically the Top left one. I sorta just ran back 20 steps to run back 21 steps... So Ive moved forward slowly but the diagrams have helped clarify certain things about my project... Specifically the parti!

    See you Tuesday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...will elabortate on item 1 tonight and or tomorrow.
    also, i have not been using the word parti, since it does not describe what "we" do- in terms of layering information of site, space, movement, program, structure, skin; the word parti refers to a formal approach. i have been saying scheme which layers site, space, movement, program; and space is prime

    ReplyDelete