Monday, March 21, 2011

'Studio' Culture

OK, so after these two posts I feel the need to write something. When I was talking in class about the lack of studio culture and how everyone should bring something to the table when we get back, I didn't mean anything besides interaction between classmates. Kevin, I think you misunderstood what I said, though I cannot speak for Prof. Amoia in what she meant. Whether we hang out outside of class is irrelevant. In class, I'd like to discuss my ideas and get feedback from several classmates and I would be more than happy to listen to anyone's ideas and give them feedback as well. I don't agree with you that we're all in competition with each other. Some people may feel that way but I don't and I don't think I'm alone. Some of us are going to have similar ideas, which is fine. Grades aren't based on originality. Also, each other is two words, not 'eachother'. As far as studio culture goes I think that we could all care a little more about each others' projects and also try to interact in general more. The class seems a bit 'clicky' which is kinda normal, but I know I have always benefited from talking about my project with other students and this is the last design class where we can experiment before we have our thesis work. I think if everyone keeps the classroom a little more organized and get a little more enthusiastic about our work things will be much better.

1 comment:

  1. I can totally understand your feeling on it lewis. I was just pointing out that some people may find it to be a competition. I think we all have to prosper from eachother. Otherwise what is the point of a midcrit? What is the point of even talking together as a group? I think that this school and our teachers do this specifically as to try and encourage more sharing of ideas and better understanding of the issues with these projects.

    ReplyDelete